Row for Kids is a corporate rowing challenge that raises funds for the Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation and the Edmonton Rowing Club.
Teams (eights) train together during July and August, and compete at the Row for Kids regatta in September. They also compete to raise the most funds.
Why Row for Kids is important
Since it began in 2006, Row for Kids has raised more than $1,000,000.
- 75% of the funds raised go to the Stollery—a significant and well-appreciated contribution to our city, to families, and to children’s health care.
- 25% of the funds raised go to the ERC, and make up an important part of the ERC’s budget. The ERC counts on these funds to provide facilities and coaching for all its members.
How the ERC supports Row for Kids
The ERC’s contribution to Row for Kids comes from the services the club provides for the program, including:
- training facilities (all equipment; scheduled dry-land and on-water training)
- racing facilities (regatta equipment and officials; boat loading, trailering, and rigging)
- volunteer coaches
- volunteer coxies
What ERC members can do to help
Become a coach or a coxie:
- Many hands make light work, and we always need as many coaches and coxies as we can get!
- The club will support you with orientation, mentoring, and a big thank you.
Help with boat loading:
- We have 8 eights to trailer to Telford and back again.
- Watch for notices on boat-loading dates, and please sign up!
Help with the regatta:
- Everyone who signs up gets a terrific lunch and a free T-shirt!
How training and racing work
Everyone can join Row for Kids—people with rowing experience and people without.
- eight sessions of about 1.5 hours each
- one session per week per team
- starts in late June or early July
- September 12, 2015 (Saturday)
- at Telford Lake
- 750 m course
The finishing result for each team comes from a combination of best race time and funds raised.
For more information or to volunteer, contact Christine Henderson at email@example.com.
If you would like more information on how to join the program as a corporate team, please visit the Row for Kids website at http://rowforkids.kintera.org